This course covers the basics of Autodesk Revit Architecture. Users are introduced to the concepts of Building Information Modeling and the tools for parametric building design and documentation. Users begin with learning the fundamental features of Autodesk Revit Architecture, and then progress through schematic design, construction documentation, and design visualisation.
This course offers both imperial and metric hands-on exercises representing real-world architectural design scenarios.
New Autodesk Revit Architecture users or other Autodesk software users who want to learn essential elements of Autodesk Revit Architecture.
A knowledge of Architectural design, drafting, or engineering experience is highly recommended. No previous CAD experience is necessary, however a working knowledge of Microsoft XP is essential.
You will learn the concepts of Building Information Modeling and introduce the tools for parametric building design and documentation using Autodesk Revit Architecture. Users will be able to complete their first Autodesk Revit Architecture project after completing this class.
Introduction to Autodesk Revit Architecture
– Building Information Modeling- Overview of the Interface- Standard Terminology- Starting Projects- Viewing Commands
Basic Drawing and Editing Tools
– General Drawing Tools- Editing Elements- Basic Modifying Tools
Datum Elements – Levels and Grids
– Setting Up Levels- Linking and Importing CAD Files- Creating Structural Grids- Hiding Columns
Drawing and Modifying Walls
– Drawing Walls- Modifying Walls- Helpful Editing Tools
Doors and Windows
– Adding Doors and Windows- Loading Door and Window Types from the Library- Creating Additional Door and Window Sizes
– Creating Curtain Walls- Adding Curtain Grids- Working with Curtain Wall Panels- Attaching Mullions to Curtain Grids
– Duplicating Views- Adding Callout Views- Setting the View Display- Elevations and Sections
– Creating Floors- Creating Shaft Openings- Creating Sloped Floors
– Adding Components- Modifying Components
Reflected Ceiling Plans
– Creating Ceilings- Ceiling Soffits- Adding Ceiling Fixtures
– Creating Roofs- Creating Roofs by Footprint- Reference Planes and Work Planes- Creating Roofs by Extrusion- Cleaning Up Wall and Roof Intersections
– Creating Assembled Stairs- Modifying Assembled Stairs- Sketching Custom Stairs- Creating Ramps- Working with Railings
– Setting Up Sheets- Placing and Modifying Views on Sheets- Printing Sheets
Annotating Construction Documents
– Working with Dimensions- Working With Text- Adding Detail Lines and Symbols
Tags and Schedules
– Adding Tags- Rooms and Room Tags- Working with Schedules- Creating Legends
Detailing in Autodesk Revit Architecture
– Setting Up Detail Views- Creating Details- Annotating Details- Keynoting and Keynote Legends- Patterning