Delivered as a Live Online Class via Zoom
This course is delivered over 1 day by our senior Sage trainer and we can arrange private one to one training at no extra cost. Contact us for course dates.
Understand the core operations of Sage Accounts from introduction through to intermediate and advanced level. Some of the key topics include processing invoices, credit notes and payments, managing the sales ledger, posting bank payments and receipts, error correction and protecting your data. Take an in-depth look at the processes for Month End, Year End, credit control, and VAT return. It also covers depreciation, prepayments and accruals, recurring entries and key performance indicators. Learn everything you need to know about managing a stock control system and processing sales and purchase orders. This course also covers sales invoices and credit notes, quotes and pro forma invoices, as well as foreign trading and Intrastat reports.
Sage 50 Accounts Certification Included
Sage 50 Accounts certification is awarded on successful completion of this course.
Prove you have the expertise to work with Sage software. It’s the ideal next step in your training and development as an experienced Sage software user.
What is Sage Certification?
Gain a firm understanding of the basic principles of Sage 50 Accounts, from navigation through to creating and amending records, getting started with opening balances and controlling user access.
- Course content
By the end of this course you will:
- Know how to enter supplier invoices and credit notes
- Be able to post supplier payments including printing remittance advices, cheques and using e-banking
- Know how to create and print service invoices and credit notes for customers
- Be able to post customer receipts and understand how to manage the Sales Ledger, including disputing invoices
- Be able to post supplier payments and understand how to manage the Purchase Ledger
- Understand how to deal with contra entries
- Be familiar with posting bank and cash transactions
- Learn how to save time by using Recurring Entries
- Understand how to interrogate data using searches to enable more accurate reporting
- Know how to check and safeguard data using backups
- Understand how to correct errors
- Know how to post and correct Journal Entries
- Be able to process customer payments and supplier refunds
- Understand how to integrate Sage 50 Accounts with Microsoft Office
- Know how to perform a bank reconciliation
- Understand how to manage credit control, including statements and overdue letters
- Be able to write off bad debts and perform a VAT reclaim
- Know how to set up the Fixed Asset Register, post depreciation journals and dispose of fixed assets
- Understand how to post prepayments and accruals
- Be able to produce financial reports, including the Profit & Loss report and Balance Sheet Know how to set budget information and use departments for additional analysis
- Be able to produce, check and submit a VAT Return
- Know how to prepare for, and run the Year End routine
- Be able to create multiple company accounts for associated companies or branches
- Know how to plan and maintain stock records, post opening balances and record adjustments
- Know how to set up multiple delivery addresses for your company, your customers and suppliers
- Be familiar with the purchase order cycle, know how to process from entry to delivery and match and post invoices to orders
- Understand product pricing and discount structures
- Be familiar with the sales order cycle, know how to process from entry to despatch and link to other areas of Sage 50 Accounts Professional
- Know how to perform stock takes, process stock adjustments and deal with stock returns and stock month end journals
- Know how to use the Bill of Materials function to assemble finished goods from stocked components
- Be able to produce product invoices and credit notes
- Be able to produce quotes and pro-formas
- Be able to produce repeat invoices using recurring transactions, skeletons and duplicates
- Know how to run a stock year end and make global changes