Delivered as a Live Online Class via Zoom
This course is delivered over 1 day by our senior Sage trainer and we can arrange private one to one training at no extra cost. Contact us for course dates.
Get to grips with the basic principles of Sage 50 Payroll. From navigation through to creating and amending the company and employee records. Get started with pay elements and YTD figures and controlling user access. This course also deals with handling the day-to-day operation of Sage 50 Payroll. It includes payslip production, processing statutory payments and adhering to HMRC legislation.
Sage 50 Payroll Certification Included
Sage 50 Payroll certification is awarded on successful completion of this course.
Prove you have the expertise to work with Sage software. It’s the ideal next step in your training and development as an experienced Sage software user.
What is Sage Certification?
Get the skills you need to run Sage 50 Payroll. This course will provide you with all the skills you need to operate your Sage 50 Payroll software. Complete the course to prove your knowledge and gain an official qualification.
- Course content
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand how to configure the program to suit company requirements
- Know how to set up your company details, absence reasons, departments and cost centres
- Be able to create pay elements for payments, deductions and net payments and understand the pay element reports
- Know how to set up pension schemes to deduct pension contributions from the employee and calculate any employer contributions
- Understand the methods of creating, editing and customising employee records
- Learn how to use password protection and how to restrict user access
- Be able to enter year to date figures for employees using the P11 form
- Know how to set up new starters with and without P45 details
- Be able to process statutory payments and calculate the employee entitlement
- Be able to process holiday pay in advance to employees
- Know how to set up company loans
- Know how to allocate pension schemes to employees and processing wages
- Understand how to allocate Attachment of Earnings to an employee
- Know how to set up the link between Sage Payroll and Sage Accounts and how to transfer the data
- Understand how to make changes using the rollback function
- Understand how to use the monthly P32 form to calculate the amounts due to HMRC
- Be able to create holiday schemes and use the absence diary to record the details