Suppose you’re a health and safety professional working or living in Derby and thinking about expanding your understanding of workplace health and safety. In that case, you may be interested in taking one of our most popular courses in Derby: the NEBOSH General Certificate.
What is the NEBOSH General Certificate?
It is the most frequently requested health and safety NEBOSH training certification asked for by employers. So much so that more than 200,000 students in the UK have already taken this course.
Join other students in Derby and take the next step on your career ladder.
What is a NEBOSH Course?
Along with the NEBOSH General Certificate, any NEBOSH course is a fully accredited and recognised health and safety training standard in the UK. The National Educational Board in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH) is an independent examination body that provides vocational health and safety training courses across the UK, including Derby.
Who is the NEBOSH General Certificate Aimed at?
Anyone working at the supervisor or manager level in a health and safety capacity is an ideal candidate for this Derby-based course. The course is also suitable for anyone who has health and safety responsibilities as part of their job.
Upon completion of the course, students can progress onto the degree-level NEBOSH National Diploma.
NEBOSH General Certificate Course Content
There are two units on this NEBOSH course: Unit NG1 and Unit NG2.
In Unit NG1, students will gain an understanding of:
• Why it’s essential to manage workplace health and safety effectively
• What health and safety systems look like and how to manage them
• Understanding the people and processes involved in managing risk
• Monitoring and measuring health and safety at work
At the end of this NEBOSH training unit, students will sit an at-home, open-book exam.
In Unit NG2, students will gain an understanding of:
• Physical and psychological health
• Musculoskeletal health
• Chemical and biological agents
• General workplace issues
• Work Equipment
At the end of this NEBOSH training unit, students will undergo a workplace practical risk assessment.
Support for Derby Students
All students taking this NEBOSH training course will be provided with revision modules for each part of the course and our NEBOSH National General Certificate audiobooks.
What are the Learning Outcomes for this NEBOSH Course?
Students who study for and pass the General Certificate will have the following outcomes on this NEBOSH course:
• How to conduct risk assessments with confidence in the workplace
• The skills to design and put into place through action plans after each risk assessment
• The ability to successfully manage all workplace health and safety issues
• An understanding of how to decrease workplace risks and manage them
• How to assess if your action plans and risk management plans have been successful
• The skills to grow and support a health and safety culture that’s positive
• An understanding of the UK legal health and safety requirements
For more information on NEBOSH Training or to book a place on a NEBOSH course in Derby, please contact us.