Hard-working health and safety professionals working in Edinburgh and keen to advance their career prospects can enhance our NEBOSH General Certificate skills.
Employers consider this NEBOSH training course to be the standard accreditation for health and safety professionals. So much so that 87% of employers expect candidates and employees to have this NEBOSH training.
Edinburgh students can join the 200,000 people who have already participated in this NEBOSH course and taken the next steps on their career ladder.
What is NEBOSH Training?
The National Educational Board in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH) is an independent examination board that delivers the UK’s most popular NEBOSH courses across the country, including in Edinburgh.
The National General Certificate can be studied online, in-house or via classroom training with one of our qualified NEBOSH trainers.
Who Can Study for The NEBOSH General Certificate?
For this particular NEBOSH course, anyone who is working at the supervisor or manager level can participate. Equally, those candidates for whom health and safety are an integral part of their jobs can also participate.
This NEBOSH training course is beneficial for ambitious health and safety professionals who want to use it as a stepping stone to achieving the degree-level NEBOSH National Diploma.
What is the NEBOSH Training Course Content?
There are two units to this NEBOSH course: Unit NG1 and Unit NG2:
Unit NG1: Health and Safety Management
Unit NG1 students become proficient in:
• The importance of managing health and safety at work successfully
• What health and safety management systems look like and how they work
• Understanding people and processes when managing risk in the workplace
• Keeping track of and measuring workplace health and safety
Upon completing this unit, Edinburgh students take an open book exam in the comfort of their own homes.
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
Unit NG2 students become proficient in:
• Physical and psychological health
• Musculoskeletal health
• Chemical and biological agents
• General workplace issues
• Workplace equipment
What’s The Takeaway Learning from This NEBOSH Training?
Students will come away with the following learning outcomes upon successful completion of the NEBOSH General Certificate in Edinburgh:
• Having the confidence to carry out a workplace risk assessment successfully
• How to devise and put into place detailed action plans after risk assessments
• Managing and identifying everyday workplace hazards
• The ability to oversee all aspects of workplace health and safety with success
• The skills needed to reduce and manage workplace health and safety risks
• The ability to evaluate and promote a positive workplace health and safety culture
• The capacity to assess if your action plan and risk management actions are successful
• An understanding of the UK legal health and safety requirements
What Type of Support do You Offer NEBOSH Course Students?
We offer all Edinburgh students on this course supported learning. Students are provided with revision modules and our NEBOSH National General Certificate audiobooks.
For more information on NEBOSH Training or to book a place on a NEBOSH course in Edinburgh, please contact us.